Friday, February 11, 2011

JMcCoy in the Spotlight

I recently recieved a Turned Deer Antler Perfume Pen from a very talented woodworking artisan named Jim McCoy.



He has a shop on ArtFire called JMcCoy Logs to Lumber.

A little bit about Jim. He is a retired Paramedic (22 years in the business end of an ambulance) Trying to devote more time to his shop. Jim says "Before I retired I learned on every call as everyone was different and the same applies to my woodworking where I also learn a few lessons daily as every piece of wood is also different."


Nearly all of his material comes from trees that were removed for various reasons and very little is bought commercially. Between a chainsaw, saw mill and a band saw he produces the majority of his material.

Some of the items he creates are Pens, Barrets, Jewelry Boxes, Signs, towel holders, peppermills, tealights,
Perfume pens and Weaving tools.
Please watch the slide show of the amazing progression of my perfume pen.

No comments: