Saturday, October 23, 2010

Photography

After listing over 150 items in my shop,  I came to the realization that MY PHOTO'S STINK! I thought that putting my jewelry on a white or black background would allow the buyer to see "just the jewelry". I started  reading the Photography thread  in the Artfire Forum and whew....brain overload. I read each post carefully..learing new terms along the way, iso, saturation, white balance...wth?!!
I started visiting other shops to see what I thought was visually appealing. In the end, my site looked like a catalogue....sigh! I learned that you can have backgrounds and "staging" that enhance your pieces without overpowering them. So I have been re-taking ALL of my photos....editing....and uploading them.
Here are my before and after shots. Whaddaya think?
Before

After

No comments: