Friday, September 28, 2012

Hardware Jewelry

I was shopping in Home Depot and had an idea come into my head when I came across some different brightly colored electrical tape. I'm always looking for new ways to make jewelry. I like to incorporated different items and techniques. I have always been fascinated by jewelry made from hardware items.

Hmmmm. What could I do with that? I grabbed some and then kept walking up and down the aisles. Clear tubing....sure. Some nuts....okay.  Something to connect the tubing.

This is what the finished product looked like. Just as I saw it in my head. How cool is this. Bangle bracelets. I have some fine tuning to do, but I am more than happy with the results. I think I might use the heat gun to "shrink wrap or even melt the tape" into position.

I also got some larger tubing and plan on using it to make some necklaces with leather.


Please comment and let me know what you think of these. 

No comments: